Bundt Cakes seem like a cake of the past these days. I don’t know about you, but I love me a bundt cake! They are easy and usually perfectly moist. With it being Fall now, this Apple Bundt Cake with a Caramel frosting (yummmmmmyy!) is right on time. Most caramel frostings require butter or milk. This recipe, however, requires neither! It’s made mostly with Karo Syrup and a touch of Almond milk. No Dairy!
The bundt cake itself has fresh grated apples mixed into it. Do you love fresh fruit in your cakes? I’m not a fan of the famous, holiday “fruit cake,” but I am a fan of most cakes with fresh fruit in them. Apples especially. You just can’t go wrong with putting them into desserts. When October comes around it seems like all I want to do is cook with apples, pumpkins, and nutmeg. This cake doesn’t have any pumpkin in it, but it does have that wonderful nutmeg spice. Is there a candle out there called Nutmeg Spice? I would buy it!
Back to the cake. It is absolutely drowning in Fall flavor! It’s got the fresh apples, delicious applesauce, cinnamon and nutmeg. You just have to make this yourself and see how wonderful it will make your house smell and your family feel 🙂
What kind of flavors do you use most around the Fall Season? What’s your favorite Apple?
Look at that perfection. No breakage whatsoever! There is no way this cake will stick to the bundt pan if you spray it and then flour it before adding the batter.
You’ll see a lot of Jadeite on my blog. I am in love with the old Jadeite dishes. I could have a 100 pieces and it still wouldn’t be enough! These are saucers, but they are just so pretty I couldn’t help but use them as plates! If you love them to here is a link to where you could find some. I also have tea cups and I just think they are adorable!
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup original applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups grated apples ( I used pink lady)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/3 c karo syrup
- 1/3 c almond milk (original) or regular milk
- 1 T vanilla exract
- 1.5 c powdered sugar
- Whip 3 egg whites until soft peaks form in a large bowl
- Add in 1 C sugar, 1 C applesauce, and 1 tsp vanilla extract into the egg whites.
- In separate bowl medium sized bowl blend 3 C flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp nutmeg together.
- Add 1 C at a time to the large bowl until all flour mixture is added.
- Fold in the grated apples.
- Pour batter into a sprayed and floured bundt pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in 350 degree oven. If over cooked it will get rubbery. To know its done it'll be slightly brown on edges.
- For Caramel Frosting.
- Boil 1 C brown sugar, 1/3 C karo syrup, 1/3 C almond milk, and 1 T vanilla extract for 1 minute and 30 seconds at rapid boil. (it will bubble up)
- Be sure to not over cook it otherwise it will taste off and burnt.
- Once cooked scrape outer edges of cake to loosen it. Then cool 5 minutes before flipping over onto wire cooling rack.
- Once time is up add in 1.5 C powdered sugar and stir until smooth. (Sift powdered sugar if you don't want lumps in the frosting)
- Pour frosting immediately over slightly cooled cake.