I am always looking for ways to use as little dishes to cook with as possible! That’s why I love this One Skillet Zucchini Casserole. You only have to use one skillet to cook all of this. Perfect for a busy night when all you want to do is relax a little BUT still get a good meal in.
After picking up the kids and my husband all I want to do is just go buy dinner so that I can spend time with the kids and not take forever cooking a meal and then having so many dishes to clean up afterwards. So, it’s nice to have a recipe like this where you can spend a few minutes preparing it and then walk away from it until it’s finished cooking!
This recipe was a no brainer for me. It has zucchini, rice, ground beef, and tomatoes. All being some of my favorite foods. To give it all some flavor a little spice is added to it. I’m not a huge fan of super spicy foods so this one has just a hint of it. I don’t like it when your food is so spicy that that is all you can taste! I enjoy being able to taste the flavors of all the food ingredients in the dish.
Traditionally this kind of dish could be put into a casserole dish but why use more dishes when you don’t have to?! So the next time you need a quick fix meal that still tastes like you worked really hard on, give this recipe a try! Super easy, can’t mess up, and super yum!
- 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1&1/2 C water
- 3/4 C uncooked rice
- 1/2 C tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 medium zucchini chopped into bite size pieces
- In a large sauce pan cook ground beef until no more pink is showing. Dump into a small bowl and set aside.
- Bring sauce pan back to stove and add in the zucchini and cook for 5 minutes or until they have softened a little.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients except the ground beef and cover and simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until rice is fully cooked. Add in ground beef and stir letting the meat warm back up again. That's it, enjoy!
Do you like really spicy food or are you like me where you can only take a tiny bit of the heat?
OR do you like none at all?