Sometimes I just get tired of eating meat. I know that might sound crazy, because I love me some meat, but sometimes I just want vegetables. It’s usually after a week or two of just eating horribly. That’s why I like this Three Bean Taco Casserole. It’s easy to put together, it’s a great dish for getting some vegetables in, and it has a lot of protein. You can’t go wrong using beans as an alternative to getting that protein!
And on top of all of that, it’s easy on the wallet. Casseroles are some of the quickest things you can put together because really you just throw a bunch of stuff in it…and BAM! you have a casserole.
The crust on this casserole is what pulls this whole dish together. It’s made from 2 boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix. Which is soy free and dairy free if you use almond milk. There is nothing better than a good cornbread crust!
So if you’re wanting to switch things up a bit and introduce more of a vegetarian type of meal to your kitchen, then I highly suggest you give this one a try. It’s sweet with a little bit of spice.
What kind of casserole is your favorite to make?
A bite full of healthy, delicious food! I could put cornbread on anything and it would taste good to me!
I love seeing a dish full of color. I believe that if a dish is full of color then it has to be chock full of health benefits. Not if it’s covered in a lot of butter or cheese though, ha!
Let me know if you liked this recipe and comment bellow!
- 1 can Garbanzo beans
- 1 can white beans
- 1 can black beans
- Mixed bag of small sweet peppers( 3 of each kind)
- 1 pkg mild taco seasoning
- 1 can corn
- 2 pkg of Jiffy Cornbread mix-use almond milk instead of milk
- Preheat oven to 400
- Dice peppers into small pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl add drained beans and corn into it, then pour it into a large skillet and cook until beans are soft and warm.
- Add in taco seasoning and peppers.
- Once heated up and mixed together add into a large 9X13 pan.
- Set aside and begin mixing the cornbread mixture. (mix ingredients according to box's directions)
- Pour mixture over beans and cook until cornbread is fully cooked. (about 25 minutes)