Don’t have any butter on hand but want to make delicious warm brownies? Or are you wanting to make brownies but have a dairy allergy? Look no further. I have not one but TWO different ways that you can make a delicious dairy free brownie.
For the first recipe, you substitute butter with the wonderful Earth Balance dairy and soy free butter. This imitation butter is legit. It has such a great flavor and replaces butter perfectly!
The second variation of the brownie recipe uses applesauce in place of butter. I know, I know..fruit in brownies??? But seriously it adds an awesome sweetness to the brownies without the apple taste. It also really helps give that fudge texture. Also added is a tiny bit of baking powder and some yummy dairy free chocolate chips. Have you heard of Enjoy Life’s dairy free chocolate?? It tastes amazing and adds a delicious chocolate smoothness to the brownie.
I’ve talked about it before, but my son has a dairy and soy allergy; so I am looking for ways to make some of his favorite treats and recipes dairy and soy free. I have to say his favorite was the recipe using the earth balance butter, but mine has to be the applesauce variation.
Let me know what recipe was your favorite!
To make the Applesauce Brownies replace butter with 1 C original applesauce and add 1/2 C dairy free chocolate chips, and 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 sticks melted earth balance's dairy and soy free butter
- 2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 Cocoa powder
- 1&1/4 C flour
- For applesauce brownies replace butter with 1 C original applesauce(doesn't need to be warm), 1/2 tsp baking powder, and add 1/2 C dairy free chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray pan with olive oil or use crisco to grease a 8x8 pan.
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add brownie batter to pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until done. Be careful not to over cook otherwise it gets dry and dense.
- Cool slightly and serve warm.